Wellcare of Georgia
6800 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Suite 168
Tampa, Florida 33614
Wellcare of Georgia has served Georgia residents for over 20 years as a provider of government-sponsored health plans. Plans included are Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children’s Health Insurance Programs, among others. Operating under the Wellcare Group of Companies, Wellcare of Georgia has a large network of physicians, hospitals, and pharmacies that are available to the group’s members. The plans’ emphasis is on healthy lifestyles, better access to care, and a strong physician-patient relationship. Preventive care is also a primary concern in order to keep members healthy.
Eligibility for this program is determined through the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFACS). Interested individuals should contact this department.
Wellcare of Georgia Health Insurance Products
The Wellcare of Georgia Health Plan offers coverage for the following medical needs and services:
- Immunizations and screening diagnostics.
- Well baby and prenatal care
- Asthma and diabetes monitoring
- Dental, hearing, and vision services
- Pharmacy services (with prescriptions filled from an approved list)
- A large network of doctors, pharmacies and hospitals to choose from
- Routine visits (with predictable co-pays)
- World-wide emergency care, as well as mental health and substance abuse services
- A wide number of educational resources available to patients
- Coverage for Medicare Part D Prescription Drugs
Georgia residents may choose a primary care doctor from a large network. New members may be able to keep their current physician, depending on his or her inclusion on the in-network list. Special needs patients may be allowed to receive care from out-of-network providers.
Wellcare Company Ratings
A.M. Best: B-pd
Standard & Poor’s: B+