Peach State Health Plan
7711 Carondelet Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Peach State Health Plan (PSHP) is a managed care program specifically for Georgia’s citizens and monitored in part by the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH). The plan’s emphasis is on healthy lifestyles, better access to care, and a strong physician-patient relationship. Preventive care is a primary concern in order to keep members healthy. The plan is a part of Georgia Healthy Families (GHF), and is for Medicaid Families and PeachCare for Kids members. Its goal is to provide quality medical care to its membership.
Eligibility for this program is determined through the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFACS). Interested individuals should contact this department.
Peach State Health Insurance Products
Peach State Health Plan offers the following coverage and services:
- Immunizations and screening diagnostics.
- Well baby and prenatal care
- Asthma and diabetes monitoring
- Dental and vision services
- Free 24-hour nurse phone line with bilingual nurses
- Pharmacy services (with prescriptions filled from an approved list)
- A large network of doctors, pharmacies and hospitals to choose from
- Routine visits with small co-pays (there are no claim forms to fill out)
- Emergency care
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- Wide number of educational resources available to patients
- Free transportation (including for doctor appointments)
Georgia residents may choose a primary care doctor from a large network. New members may be able to keep their current physician, depending on his or her inclusion on the in-network list. Special needs patients may be allowed to receive care from out-of-network providers.
Peach State Health Plan Company Ratings
A.M. Best: NR-5