Amerigroup Health Insurance
4425 Corporation Lane
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Amerigroup Corporation was founded in 1994 to meet the needs of low-income individuals. Through the company’s wholly owned subsidiaries, Amerigroup offers innovative managed health care for the public sector. The focus of this group is to coordinate physical and behavioral healthcare in order to educate their patients while lowering costs and maintaining high quality care. As they strive to bring high standards of medical care to low-income families and individuals with disabilities, the company exclusively serves the needs of Medicaid recipients and the uninsured. Their programs focus on wellness and on empowering the individual to take charge of his or her own health.
Amerigroup Health Insurance Products
Amerigroup offers the following affordable health insurance plans for Georgia residents who are eligible for public healthcare programs such as Medicaid, FamilyCare, and the State Children’s Health Insurance program (SCHIP).
- Benefits are paid according to rules of eligibility, medical necessity, and appropriateness. The primary physician manages the care of the patient.
- HMO plans that focus on a strong doctor-patient relationship with a primary care physician. Preventive care programs and incentives help keep patients well.
- Supplemental plans to give coverage in areas that public-healthcare programs do not cover. These plans include vision, dental, nutrition, special children’s programs, and health education.
Some of the features of Amerigroup Corporation health plans include:
- A large pool of physicians from which to choose a primary physician
- Primary physician determines the need for a referral to a specialist
- Preauthorization is required for most procedures
- Dental care, or prescription coverage
Amerigroup Corporation offers a plan called Amerivantage for people who have both Medicare and full Medicaid benefits. This plan also includes comprehensive Medicare prescription coverage.
Amerigroup Company Ratings
A.M. Best: C-pd